Our Second Harvest Food Bank Virtual Food Drive is doing very well. Thank you to the many generous participants who donated to this drive. Also, thank you to the friends of Ron Minearo who donated or increased their donations in a tribute of your high regard for Ron and his contributions to SCC. As a result, we have far exceeded our original fund-raising goal. The Virtual Food Drive continues, with matching funds, until May 15th.
For several years, Santa Clara Corvettes has donated to Second Harvest Food Bank to assist in supporting their programs that provide food to members of our community that are in need. This year Second Harvest is the first recipient of our club charity program.
In these difficult times, Second Harvest is providing 500,000 people with the groceries they need. This is double the meals that were provided prior to the pandemic. Second Harvest is also currently delivering 5,500 meals to the individuals who are not able to make it to the distribution sites.
In response, SCC we will launch a Virtual Food Bank Drive for Second Harvest which will run from March 1st to May 15th. Donations made until April 15 will be eligible to be matched.
Our goal for this drive is $3500 by May 15th. Hopefully, we will not only meet, but far exceed this goal, to assist Second Harvest in doing their remarkable work. Your gift of any size provides a nutritious mix of fresh produce, protein, and pantry items so that local families can enjoy delicious, comforting meals together. Each $1 given will provide enough food for 2 meals.
We will be also organizing a SCC member work group to assist in one of Second Harvest’s programs, all COVID precautions will be taken. Look for further information on this exciting opportunity to help in this very worthwhile program, and as a benefit, have the chance to see each other and work together.
Donations are tax-deductible. SCC points will be awarded for donations and for participation in the work group(s).
- If you would like to honor someone with your donation, select “Dedicate my donation in honor or in memory of someone” and provide the requested information. Second Harvest will email an acknowledgement to the recipient.
- If you do not want your name shown with your donation on our Virtual Drive Page select “Make donation anonymous” under your name.
- Make a donation
Donations by check
- Write ‘Apply my donation to Santa Clara Corvettes’ on the memo line. Second Harvest will consider this an anonymous donation and will not show your name with your donation on our Virtual Food Drive web page. If you would like your name listed on our SHFB web page include a note indicating that your gift is not anonymous.
- If you would like to honor someone with your donation, please include a note specifying who you would like to honor and provide the name and address of the person who should be notified of your donation. SHFB will mail a card to that person.
- For donations by check, please mail to:
Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
Attn: Donations Department
4001 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95134
- Mail a check
Other types of donations
Here are the links to other ways to make a gift to Second Harvest of Silicon Valley. If you make any of these donations contact donor.relations@SHFB,org to have your donation credited to SCC.
Club credit for your donation
If you make an anonymous donation on the SHFB website or any donation not on their website:
- If you want SCC points for your donation contact Maxine Wiley at email@example.com with pertinent information.
- Your donation information will be kept private and not be shared with anyone other than the Points Chair for SCC.