Hope’s Corner, located in Mountain View, fills the need for the people in the area who are hungry due to low income, and cannot afford both food or rent, or who are homeless. Hope’s Corner provides a nutritious breakfast and a bag lunch for them to take with them on Wednesdays and Saturdays. They also provide free showers. Hope’s Corner was providing meals to 200 every Saturday before 2020. Because of the growing need they added Wednesday’s meals and are now serving over 700 people each week. Besides food, Hope’s Corner provides a place for people to feel welcomed and build community.
They collaborate with Second Harvest Food Bank, Community Services Agency, Peninsula Food Runners, Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange and others to help the people they serve connect with other available services.
SCC has made a commitment to provide the money for breakfast and bag lunches, and the volunteers to help with the prep and serving on Saturday October 30th. To make that happen we will need to raise $600.00 by mid-October. We will not be donating food items for the breakfast; Hope’s Corner will do the purchasing. We will need up to 20 volunteers to help with the serving, if you can help, please contact Maxine Wiley at Wiley_ma@sbcglobal.net.
Checks to cover the cost of the breakfast should be made out to HOPE’S CORNER with SCC on the Memo Line.
Mail checks to:
Santa Clara Corvettes
PO Box 2634
Santa Clara, CA 95055
Or give them to Maxine Wiley at one of the SCC functions in September and early October. If you can’t attend one of these functions, or have any questions, please contact Maxine directly.
Checks will be handled directly to the charity. You will receive and individual donation receipt from them. If you send a check directly to them, please let Maxine know so that she can track the amount we need to raise prior to mid-October.
Other ways to donate to Hope’s Corner:
- Provide items for their shower program
- Travel size Toiletries- shampoo, shaving cream, deodorant, soap, body wash, toothpaste, hand sanitizer.
- New packages of underwear for women, all sizes. New packages for underwear for men, SM, Med, LG. Dryer sheets,
- New or gently used tennis shoes for men- especially sizes 8-10 for men, for women, sizes 7-9.
- Decorated #12 lunch bags, (no stickers or glitter),
Decorated new -large grocery bags with handles (no stickers or glitter)
- Applesauce cups/pouches
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken, salmon etc.) with pull top (4-6 oz)
- Slim Jim meat sticks (individually wrapped)
- Fruit Cups (4 oz)
- Fruit juice box or canned (individual sized)
- Trail/Granola bars
Thank you for your participation in helping this very worthy cause.