Amazon Fulfillment Center Tour –
Our SCC group tour is scheduled for 10:30 am on Monday, February 24th at the Amazon Fulfillment Center OAK4 located at 1555 N Chrisman Rd, Tracy, CA 95304. SCC is not planning a caravan for this tour.
We will meet at the Seasonal Entrance of the building at 10 am. Please look for Linda Lariz and gather there. We will enter as a group. We must be checked in by 10:15 am. Make sure you allow for morning commute traffic. If you are late, you will not be admitted.
Amazon is expecting us. I have submitted a list of every signed-up attendee’s name and Date of Birth. Each person must show a government-issued ID such as a CA Driver’s License, Passport, CA ID card, etc to check-in. Proper footwear is required (flat, closed heel and toe). You may only take in your keys, wallet, and cellphone into the facility. Please leave all other personal items at home or in your car. No purses, bags, backpacks, binoculars, or cameras are allowed on the tour.
This is a working facility, so Amazon is, understandably, very strict with their rules. Please read the Amazon instructions carefully. They are very strict about the footwear requirement.
The tour is 1.2 miles long. It takes about one hour. There are stairs. You must be able to walk/stand for one hour. There is not leaning or sitting allowed. If you cannot do this, please do not sign-up. We do have a waiting list. After the tour, we plan to meet about 8 miles down the road for lunch (or just ice cream) at Ghirardelli’s Outlet and Ice Cream Shop. We’ll head home early in the afternoon to avoid the commuter traffic.
Please read Amazon’s instructions–
The one-hour walking tour will take the group through the operations process of what happens after a customer clicks “Buy” on Amazon.com. Below are a few guidelines to help create the best tour experience for your group. Please pay particular attention to the guideline about fully enclosed shoes, as Amazon is not flexible on the footwear policy. Sneakers are recommended.
- Guests must wear flat, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes (no sandals, clogs or high heels). We recommend wearing comfortable shoes or sneakers. Additionally, long hair must be pulled above the shoulders, and long-hanging jewelry, scarves, and ties are not permitted.
- Guests may bring keys, wallets, and cellphones on the tour. Please leave all other personal items at home or in the transportation vehicle, including bags, purses, briefcases, backpacks, pocketbooks, and binoculars.
- Amazon is a weapon-free workplace, and we reserve the right to turn away a guest if they are unwilling to tour our fulfillment center without a weapon.
- No cameras or other video equipment are allowed on the tour. Guests may bring cellphones, as long as they do not use their phone to take pictures or audio/video recordings.
- No food or drink is permitted on the tour, however, complimentary bottled water will be provided to guests.
- Please contact me with any special requests or accessibility accommodations.
- Please send a full list of attendees, including first and last names and dates of birth for each 1 week prior to your tour. All attendees, 18 and older, will need to provide a valid, government-issued photo ID upon check-in for the tour.